Tuesday, October 25, 2011

last few months

I opened my blog and read a few posts. I realized that I could either sit on my ass, read my previous posts and let my feebly developed writing skills rot or I could try putting a few sentences on a regular basis. Wouldn't be too bad right? Afterall, if there is one thing I'm learning through dance it is that too much practice can never hurt you. Practice, practice and if you can practice a little more, practice a bit more!

It's actually a departure from what I might have said a few months ago. I believed in what came to you naturally. I still believe in that, but with the ferocity that has gone nimble in the past few months. I have definitely learnt a few things at the expense of some decisions in life. Gone are those days when I saw myself in exalted light and as someone would change the world in the years to come. Believe me I did! And now, I just think that guy is gone. In the place of an incorrigible optimist stands a 25 (!!!) old guy who is starting to get tired with the infinite chinese boxes game that life is playing out. He wants to just sit on the bench by the road and rest his body and take a break.

With my two close friends, loneliness and despair, I have set out on this long voyage in a far away country, uncovering dilemma at every step. Everything right now seems so strange and precise. Mind you, I'm not saying my life is precise. It's far from precise. If chaos was Mordor, I'm right somewhere between the black tower and Mt. Doom. I walk sometimes, wondering if I have that walking spirit in me. I get tired. Tired not because I haven't walked in sometime but tired of fighting the natural tendency of slowly slipping into a rut.

2 comments:

  1. dude.. your written communication skills have improved immensely. I mean, tu pehle bhi acha likhta tha (obviously) but ab toh ye post padh kar aisa laga jaise kisi web journalist ne likha ho :)

    What are you reading these days man?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're great! This is what graduate school can do to anyone. Surround yourself with people who are like you and you won't feel lonely or depressed!.

    ReplyDelete